Last Updated: 04/06/2023
Welcome! We are Lore, an NFT co-ownership platform that enables groups of individuals to purchase, own, and use NFTs together. This Privacy Notice explains how Refractor, Inc. (“Lore”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, discloses, and otherwise processes personal information (as defined below) in connection with our websites, including https://www.lore.xyz/ (the “Sites”) and other websites we own and operate that link to this Privacy Notice, and the related content, platform, services, products, and other functionality offered on or through our online services, including our web3 operating system (collectively, the “Services”). It does not address our privacy practices relating to Lore employees and other personnel.
What is Personal Information?
When we use the term “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an individual. It does not include aggregated or deidentified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to an individual.
Our Collection of Personal Information
Blockchain Participants: Please note that by virtue of the public nature of the blockchain, including the Ethereum Blockchain, the holdings and transactions associated with your cryptocurrency wallet address will be publicly available and accessible to third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, your public sending address (including, but not limited to, cryptographically secure non-fungible tokens, and other blockchain securitized tokens), the public address of the receiver, the amount sent or received, and any other data a user has chosen to include in a given transaction. Information stored on the blockchain may not be able to be modified or deleted due to the immutable nature of the blockchain. Transactions and addresses may reveal information about the user’s identity and information can potentially be correlated now or in the future by any party who chooses to do so. Please review how privacy and transparency on the blockchain works.Personal Information Collected from Individuals
We may collect the following personal information submitted to us by individuals through the Services:
- Contact Information, including first and last name, social media handle, and/or email address.
- Inquiry and Communications Information, including information provided in custom messages sent through the forms, to one of our email addresses, or via Twitter or Discord (including through any of the chat bots uses through these third-party platforms). We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, to enhance the services we offer to our users and to manage and grow our organization.
- Account and Profile Information. To become a Collective Member and use certain portions of the Services, you may be required to maintain an account with us. To create an account, you must connect your crypto wallet, which will provide us with the public blockchain address associated with your crypto wallet, i.e., your “wallet ID” (see the Crypto Wallets section below for more information). We may also collect your email address or Discord ID or Twitter handle if you choose to provide it. Once you create an account, you may also be able to create a profile that other users can see. Your profile may include information such as your Twitter or Discord handle, profile photo, and Crypto Wallet information. We use this information to provide you with the relevant services and information, and for customer support purposes. Please note that information such as your profile photo and wallet ID will be visible to all other users may be publicly visible on the Collective description page.
- NFT Information. Once you connect your crypto wallet, we may receive certain NFT ownership information connected to your wallet ID, including digital assets and tokens, and other NFT-related information (e.g., transfers of NFTs between accounts, the corresponding smart contracts, amounts paid, and metadata describing each NFT and its properties as a digital asset). We may also receive this information when you stake, mint, or purchase an NFT, in connection with that specific NFT transaction.
- Transaction Information. If you are a Collective Member and participate in a transaction, deposit funds to the Collective, or transfer funds to another member, we may receive certain information about you such as the transaction amount and your wallet ID.
- Messages and User Content. You may upload or transmit data or information through your communications with us or your communications with other users, such as when you submit an application for personal access, join a collective, create or vote on a proposal (if you are a Signing Collective Member), or otherwise use the Services (collectively, "User Content"). We may collect this information, and information about this content, such as the date and time you created this content, along with other information about you, such as your wallet ID. Please remember that Lore may, but has no obligation to, monitor, record, and store User Content in order to protect your safety or the safety of other users, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend our rights and property. Please note that some of your User Content may be publicly visible. For example, if you submit a proposal, it may be publicly visible on the Collective description page. For more information, please see our Terms of Service.
- Event, Meeting, and Webcast Information, including registration information, call-in details, company information and contact information. In some instances, we may also record audio and and/or video from our meetings and events. We use this information to
- Newsletter and Marketing Emails Information, including email address and applicable interests and communication preferences. We use this information to manage our communications with you and send you information about products and services we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to stop receiving email messages from us, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of the email communication. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain services-related email communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
- Contest, Sweepstakes, and Survey Information, including information provided when you enter a contest or sweepstakes, or information included in any questions submitted through surveys or content of any testimonials.
- Employment Application Information, including your contact and demographic information, educational and work history, employment interests, information obtained during interviews and any other information you choose to provide, if you apply for employment.
We also obtain personal information from third parties; which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from an individual.
We may receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following third parties:
- Other Users or Individuals who Interact with our Services: We may receive your information from other users or other individuals who interact with our Services. For example, if you engage in one of our communications hosted on third-party platforms, such as Discord, we will be able to see any public communications made within that platform. We may also receive your information, such as your wallet ID, if a Collective member adds you to their Collective.
- Crypto Wallets: When you connect your crypto wallet, such as MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet, Rainbow, or Walletconnect, we receive information such as your wallet ID, crypto wallet types (including amounts and balances), and any related transaction and technical information associated with your crypto wallet ID, including network information regarding transactions. We use this information to administer your account and provide you with the relevant Services.
- Business Partners: We may receive your information from our business partners, such as companies that offer their products and/or services on our Services. We may use this information to administer and facilitate our services and our marketing activities.
- Transaction Partners: When an individual initiates a transaction with third parties such as OpenSea, Gem, LooksRare, X2Y2, 0x, or the wETH wrapping contract or ApeCoin staking contract, we may receive certain information about the individual from these third parties, such as the associated wallet ID and the transaction amount.
- Social Media: When an individual interacts with our Services through various social media networks, such as when someone follows us or shares our content on Twitter, Discord, or other social networks, we may receive some information about individuals that they permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon an individual’s privacy settings with the social network, and may include your profile information, profile picture, gender, username, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. Individuals should always review and, if necessary, adjust their privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services.
- Service Providers: Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as marketing providers and video platform and engagement providers, collect personal information and often share some or all of this information with us.
- Information from Other Sources: We may also collect information about individuals that we do not otherwise have from, for example, publicly available sources such as permissionless blockchains, third-party data providers, blockchain analytics providers, customers, third-party digital wallet providers, or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. Such information may include contact information, social media account information, general location, domains, cryptocurrency wallet address and related information, the corresponding smart contracts transactions paid and metadata describing each transaction and its properties as a digital asset, transaction recipient information (including cryptocurrency assets), and interest-in-services information, employment-related information, and interest-in-services information. We may combine this information with the information we collect from an individual directly. We use this information to provide the Services, contact individuals, to process employment applications and job applicant screening, to send advertising or promotional materials or to personalize our Services and to better understand the demographics of the individuals with whom we interact.
- Third Parties Related to Employment Applications: If you apply for a job with Lore, we may receive information from your current or past employers, recruiters, third-party social media platforms and other third parties we use to obtain information about job applicants.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use personal information we collect to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason the information was provided, such as to fulfill our contractual obligations and to deliver the Services you have requested;
- Verify your identity and entitlement to products or Services, when you contact us or access our Services;
- Manage our business and its day-to-day operations;
- Communicate with individuals, including via email and social media;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, including to market to you or offer you through email, direct mail, and updates on products or services we think that you may be interested in;
- Test, enhance, update and monitor the Services, or diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Facilitate customer benefits and services, including customer support through our command center services;
- Identify and analyze how individuals use our Services;
- Conduct research and analytics on our customer and user base and our Services;
- Improve and customize our Services to address the needs and interests of our user base and other individuals we interact with;
- Help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our property and Services, technology assets and business;
- Evaluate your candidacy for employment, to communicate with you during the application process and to facilitate the onboarding process, if you are applying for employment.
- To fulfill or enforce our legal or contractual obligations and requirements (including in relation to our Terms of Service [https://lore.xyz/tos]), to resolve disputes, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity;
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to or for which you provide your information.
Where you choose to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill the request or respond to inquiries. We may provide you with additional privacy-related information where the scope of the inquiry/request and/or personal information we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional privacy notice will govern how we may process the information provided at that time.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information in the following ways:
- Affiliates: We may share personal information with other companies owned or controlled by Lore, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Lore, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns, particularly when we collaborate in providing the Services.
- Blockchain Participants: If you participate in our Services, by virtue of the public nature of the blockchain, the holdings and transactions associated with your wallet ID will be publicly available and accessible to blockchain participants and other third parties, as well as any other information you choose to provide or make public.
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Survey Providers: We share personal information with third parties who assist us in delivering our contests, sweepstakes, or survey offerings and processing the responses.
- Marketing Providers: We coordinate and share personal information with our marketing providers in order to communicate with individuals about the Services we make available.
- Customer Service and Communication Providers: We share personal information with third parties who assist us in providing our customer services and facilitating our communications with individuals that submit inquiries.
- Other Service Providers: In addition to the third parties identified above, we engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as website hosting, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, analytics services, facilitating cryptocurrency transactions and multi-signature wallets, employment application-related services, payment processing services, and administrative services.
- Ad Networks and Advertising Partners: We work with third-party ad networks and advertising partners to deliver advertising and personalized content on our Services, on other websites and services, and across other devices. These parties may collect information directly from a browser or device when an individual visits our Services through cookies or other data collection technologies. This information is used to provide and inform targeted advertising, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. Please see the section Third Party Data Collection and Online Advertising for more information.
- Business Partners: From time to time, we may share personal information with our business partners or we may allow our business partners to collect your personal information. Our business partners will use your information for their own business and commercial purposes, including to identify fraudulent wallet IDs on their services.
- Other Users: In certain instances, we may share your information with other users in order to facilitate the Services. For example, if you submit or close a proposal, we may share your proposal publicly and feature the proposal on our site. Another example is any recent activity in your collective, or your NFTs you own – these are displayed on a profile page that the public could discover.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to protect the health and safety of us and others; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose personal information about an individual to certain other third parties or publicly with their consent or direction. For example, with an individual’s consent or direction we may post their testimonial on our Sites or service-related publications.
Third-Party Data Collection and Online Advertising
We may participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our online services over time so that they may play or display ads on our Services, on other websites or services you may use, and on other devices you may use.
Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the Sites, AdID, precise geolocation and other information. We may share a common account identifier (such as a hashed email address or user ID) with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research.
We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to serve targeted ads to you and others on such platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider.
Please see the Online Ads section below to learn how you can opt out of interest-based advertising.
Control Over Your Information
You can opt out of interest-based advertising by following the instructions provided by the advertising network or platform provider. You can also use your device settings to limit the use of tracking technologies for advertising purposes.
- Social Media Widgets and Advertising. Our Services may include social media features, such as the Twitter, Discord, or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Services, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
- Social Media Platforms. We may display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media forums. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. We may share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed email address, with these platform providers or they may collect information from our website visitors through a first-party pixel, in order to direct targeted advertising to you or to a custom audience on the social media platform. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them. If you do not want to receive targeted ads on your social networks, you may be able to adjust your advertising preferences through your settings on those networks.
- Third Party Partners. We work with a variety of third-party partners to provide advertising services. For example, we may utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Services. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
For more information about these practices and your choices regarding cookies, please see the Control Over Your Information section below.
Control Over Your Information
You may control your information in the following ways:
- Email Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. You may not opt-out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
- Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances, especially in relation to information on the blockchain.
- Cookies: To manage cookies, an individual may change their browser settings to: (i) notify them when they receive a cookie, so the individual can choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact an individual’s experience using our Services, as some features and offerings may not work properly or at all. Depending on an individual’s device and operating system, the individual may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if an individual wants to reject cookies across all browsers and devices, the individual will need to do so on each browser on each device they actively use. An individual may also set their email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether they have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
- Online Ads: To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources, at www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some — but not all — interest-based advertising served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If an individual is under the age of 13, they should not use our Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
Links to Third-Party Websites or Services
Our Services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Except where we post, link to or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
- California - Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 – also known as California’s “Shine the Light” – permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. To opt out of having your information shared in this manner, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “California Shine the Light Request”.
- Nevada: If you are a resident of the State of Nevada, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. Although we do not currently sell covered information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Opt Out Request” to submit such a request.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify individuals by email to their registered email address, by prominent posting on our Services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to email@example.com.